Friday, April 6, 2018

The Vision of the Prophet Ezekiel of the Resurrection

The Vision of the Prophet Ezekiel of the Resurrection (read during the Matins service for Great and Holy Saturday) (source)
   
1And the hand of the Lord came upon me, and the Lord brought me forth by the Spirit, and set me in the midst of the plain, and it was full of human bones. 2And he led me round about them every way: and, behold, there were very many on the face of the plain, very dry. 3And he said to me, Son of man, will these bones live? and I said, O Lord God, thou knowest this. 4And he said to me, Prophesy upon these bones, and thou shalt say to them, Ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord. 5Thus saith the Lord to these bones; Behold, I will bring upon you the breath of life: 6and I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and will spread skin upon you, and will put my Spirit into you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord. 7So I prophesied as the Lord commanded me: and it came to pass while I was prophesying, that, behold, there was a shaking, and the bones approached each one to his joint. 8And I looked, and behold, sinews and flesh grew upon them, and skin came upon them above: but there was not breath in them. 9And he said to me, Prophesy to the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord; Come from the four winds, and breathe upon these dead men, and let them live. 10So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath entered into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, a very great congregation. 11And the Lord spoke to me, saying, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: and they say, Our bones are become dry, our hope has perished, we are quite spent. 12Therefore prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord; Behold, I will open your tombs, and will bring you up out of your tombs, and will bring you into the land of Israel. 13And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, that I may bring up my people from their graves. 14And I will put my Spirit within you, and ye shall live, and I will place you upon your own land: and ye shall know that I am the Lord; I have spoken, and will do it, saith the Lord.
-Ezekiel 37:1-14
   
The Vision of the Prophet Ezekiel (source)
 
Through the prayers of our Holy Fathers, Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy on us and save us! Amen!

No comments: